Saturday, June 26, 2010

Gluten Free Farmhouse Bread


I have recently discovered that my body doesn't like wheat :( So I have not eaten a slice of bread since May, and now I'm craving it!!! I went online to find a wheat free bread recipe. Instead I settled on this Gluten Free recipe, as my brother-in-law who will be visiting this Wednesday is Gluten intolerant. It is a bread machine recipe, but because I was nervous of it not rising well in this cold weather, I removed the dough after the machine had kneaded it for me, put it in a bread tin in a warm oven and baked it once it had risen. So you can use it in a bread machine or oven :)

Gluten Free Farmhouse Bread

Ingredients:
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups water
4 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon vinegar
4 tablespoons powdered milk
1 tablespoon liquid honey
2 1/2 cups rice flour
1/2 cup potato flour
1/2 cup buckwheat flour
1 tablespoon xanthan gum
1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons instant dried yeast
NOTE I also added a cup of mixed seeds. You could also try nuts or raisins

Method:
1. In a bowl whisk the eggs and the water together. Pour liquid into the breadmaker.
2. Add in the oil, vinegar, powdered milk and honey.
3. In a bowl combine the flours, xanthan gum, sugar and salt, mix together.
4. Pour into the breadmaker and sprinkle the yeast on top.
5. Set breadmaker to basic and (750g) 1 1/2 lb.
6. After the bread is cooked allow to cool in the breadmaker for 10 minutes.
7. Cool on a wire rack.

Makes: 1 Loaf

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear how your recipe turned out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...