Saturday, July 18, 2009

Flop-proof Madeira Cake

Now, this recipe is such a winner for many reasons; firstly, it's so easy, you just add all the ingredients and mix them together on high speed, and Voila! Secondly, it's flop-proof and bakes beautifully every time. It's also a great hit with kids because of the above mentioned reasons! And lastly is also a great recipe for cupcakes.

Flop-Proof Madeira Cake

Ingredients:
125g Butter or Margarine
200g/400ml Cake flour
200ml Sugar
10ml tsp Baking powder
2 Eggs
125ml Milk
7ml Vanilla essence
1ml Salt
Icing sugar for dusting
Optional Variation: 125ml Coconut and Almond essence

Method:
1. Preheat your oven to 170* and grease a loaf tin or a ring form, or line your muffin tray with paper cups.
2. Add all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and beat on high for 5 minutes.
3. Spoon the batter into the tin (if making a loaf, hollow the center as it rises a lot).
4. Bake for 40 minutes (or 20 minutes if making cup cakes)
5. Allow it to cool for about 10 minutes before removing it from the tin.
6. Dust with icing sugar, and Voila!

Makes: 1 Cake or 18 Cup cakes

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jacqui

    Thanks for a wonderful receip it is definetly flop proof and what i have beeb looking for for a long time.

    Thank you thanku you again

    ReplyDelete
  2. gadija (south africa)April 2, 2011 at 11:53 AM

    You saved my behind!!!cooking I can do but baking eludes me. I have totally proved previous flop-proof recepies wrong but this one is totally delicious as well. Thanks so much. I had to dump the other cupcakes I made. What a waste of ingrediants. Luckily I had enough for 2 batches of yours. Me and my charity that I baked for thank you whole heartedly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely recipe. I am a Baptist pastor's wife in Perth Australia and used the recipe for my grandson's birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quick Easy and Simple...thank you....indeed flop proof....and delumpshis......

    ReplyDelete
  5. THE BEST CAKE EVER!! So so easy!

    thank you so much!!

    and LOVE the blog, just added it to my favs. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear how your recipe turned out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...