Friday, November 1, 2013

Dutch Poffertjes (Wheat Free, Dairy Free)

Enjoying Dutch Poffertjes with Uncle Mat!

Just the thought of Dutch Poffertjes makes my heart do a happy dance!!! Since having discovered that I’m intolerant to wheat I could no longer enjoy these little treats, however during my last visit to Holland in June I discovered that they used to originally be made using Buckwheat flour! Unfortunately you need a special Poffertjes Pan to make these, and I’m so grateful to my Oma for giving me hers along with a delicious recipe!

Dutch Poffertjes

Ingredients:
1C Flour (Wheat free: Use Buckwheat)
1 ½ tsp Baking powder
1 Tbs Sugar
Pinch Salt
½ C Milk (DF: Use rice or soya milk)
½ C Water
1 tsp Oil
2 Eggs
1ml Vanilla Essence
Oil for the pan

Method:
1. Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl.
2. Mix the wet ingredients together in a jug.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into a well in the dry ingredients and whisk thoroughly.
4. Allow the mixture to rest for 10 minutes.
5. Oil the Poffertjes Pan, and heat on the stove. (Gas works marvelously)
6. Pour +- 20ml into each well.
7. When bubbles start to appear you can use a fork tip to flip them over and cook the other side.
8. Serve hot, piled on a plate with dots of butter and generous sprinkles of Icing Sugar.
(Warning! Don’t inhale as you take a bite ;) )

Serves 2-4

Eet smakelijk!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear how your recipe turned out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...