Monday, October 7, 2013

Day 7 - Delicious Pesto Chicken Casserole

This recipe for Pesto Chicken Casserole is another of Malcolm's finds that he spoilt me with, on one of our date nights. He asked me to buy the ingredients, and when I saw the list I couldn't imagine what he could possibly be going to make of this combination, so needless to say I had my doubts. Well! It was to die for!!! The ingredients compliment each other beautifully to provide a real taste sensation! I recently entered this recipe into a Chicken Recipe competition, and it WON! Like I said, it's definitely worth a try!

This recipe can easily be doubled to pack half away in the freezer for another night.
(Note: This recipe makes a lot of delicious creamy sauce, more than is shown in this picture)

Photo Credit: snacktherapy.com
Pesto Chicken Casserole

Ingredients:
8 Chicken thighs (or 4 breasts)
125ml (1/2 cup) Chicken stock
125ml (1/2 cup) Sour cream
1 Tbs Cornflour
60ml (1/4 cup) Basil pesto
Toasted pine nuts (We used peanuts)

Method:
1. Place chicken in a saucepan.  Pour over the chicken stock, cover, bring to boil and simmer for about 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
2. Meanwhile, mix the sour cream, cornflour and pesto together.
3. Once chicken is cooked, remove from the stock and shred with two forks, then return to the stock.
4. Add the sour cream mixture, and cook for a minute or two until the sauce thickens. Season to taste.
5. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with pine nuts.
6. Serve with mash, rice or polenta.

Serves 4-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear how your recipe turned out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...