Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Belinda's Healthy Bread

It has been ages since I've baked a bread, but when the desire hit me, I knew exactly which recipe to use. This is my good friend, Belinda Buckland's recipe. It contains wheat so unfortunately I cannot join the family, but seeing their faces melt in pure delight made it all worth while. This recipe is suitable for my Russell Hobbs bread maker. You could also let your bread maker mix your dough for you, and then bake your bread in bread tins in your oven. (if you don't want to fuss over the paddle :))

Belinda's Healthy Bread

Ingredients:
310ml Warm tap water
1 tsp Salt
200g Brown bread flour (I love using Nutty Wheat flour from Snowflake)
250g White bread flour
2 tsp Yeast
2 Tbsp Sunflower seeds
3 Tbsp White Sesame seeds
2 Tbsp Linseeds

Method:
1. Put the ingredients into the bread maker tin, in the order that they appear.
2. Set it to the Wholewheat program, Light Crust, 750g.
3. Enjoy fresh with butter and Marmalade!

(I often add 1 egg and 2 tsp sugar, for better flavour)

1 comment:

  1. We always add sugar and oil. We make a bigger loaf now and use 2,5 tsp salt, 2,5 Tbs sugar (brown), 2,5 Tbs oil. So the equivalent would perhaps be 1 Tbs sugar and 1 Tbs oil. I only ever add the egg if I cook it in the oven - it rises too much in the bread maker.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear how your recipe turned out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...