Saturday, May 18, 2013

Kaas Koekjes (Cheese Biscuits)


I'm very emotional as I write this now, as my beloved Oma from whom I got this recipe passed away just last month. I love you Oma and am so grateful for everything I've learn't from you, and for everything that you've passed on! Including this recipe :)

Kaas Koekjes

Ingredients:
2 C Flour
250g/625ml Grated cheese
250g Butter
2ml Salt
1ml Baking powder
Apricot Jam

Method:
1. Combine all the ingredients.
2. Roll the mixture into small balls and push a small dent into the middle of each (use the back of a wooden spoon) forming a little bowl.
3. Fill each little well with apricot jam.
4. Bake on a greased baking sheet for 15 minutes at 200*
5. You can top up the jam just before serving.

Makes between 48 and 60

(Photo from http://www.tastemag.co.za)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear how your recipe turned out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...