Sunday, November 4, 2012

Glorious Fudge Ice Cream Sauce (Microwave Recipe)

I received a message from my Aunt Mieke today, thanking me for sharing my recipes on this blog, and I thought back to my childhood days. Many weekends and school holidays were spent babysitting her baby boys and sewing, soap making, baking or Cooking with her. I tribute my love for all things homey to my very creative Mom, Grandmother and Aunt Mieke. Their passions sparked a flame in me! Anyway, taking this trip down memory lane reminded me of her glorious Fudge Ice Cream sauce. It's loaded with calories but is worth every drop! (It make a lot, so is good for a crowd, else halve the recipe)



Glorious Fudge Ice Cream Sauce (Microwave recipe)

Ingredients:
250g Butter / Margarine
1 1/2 C Sugar
1 C Milk
1 C Cream
Pinch of Salt
2 Egg Yolks

Method:
1. Microwave Butter and Sugar for 10 minutes on high in a large glass bowl, stirring often.
2. Stir in Milk, Cream and salt.
3. Beat egg yolks, and add, stirring well.
4. Microwave for 7 minutes on Medium high, also stirring often.
5. Enjoy hot over ice cream!

Makes about a litre

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear how your recipe turned out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...