Saturday, April 3, 2010

Delicious Chocolate Cake

This Chocolate Cake recipe is a trusted favorite of mine and never lets me down. I find it's quite a light cake (and doesn't sit like a rock in your stomach). I use it as my base for all the Children's Party cakes that I bake. It also works really well for a Heavenly Black Forrest Cake!

Delicious Chocolate Cake

Ingredients:
4 Eggs, seperated
125ml OIl
125ml Boiling water
250ml Sugar
5ml Vanilla Essence
250ml Flour
10ml Baking powder
2ml Salt
60ml Cocoa powder

Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 190'. Grease a round cake tin.
2. Beat egg yolks well and add oil, water, sugar and vanilla essence. Beat for 5 min.
3. Sift remaining ingredients and fold into the mixture.
4. Lastly fold in beaten egg whites.
5. Bake for 25 minutes.

Makes: 1 Round cake

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear how your recipe turned out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...