Monday, July 6, 2009

Trusty Crusty Pizza Base!

I have relied on this trusty Pizza Base recipe for the past 5 years and it's still the best by far. Now let me add that I love a thin, crisp pizza base and am not a fan of thick bread like bases. This recipe comes from my old friend Liesel and I have to smile every time I think of her! She's left more than a good recipe with me!

Trusty Crusty Pizza Base

Ingredients:
(These are for the pizza base only, add your own toppings etc.)
180ml Luke warm water
1 tsp Salt
22ml Olive Oil
315g Flour
2 tsp Instant quick action yeast (purple packet)

Method:
1. In the order listed above, put all the ingredients into a bread maker.
2. Set the machine to DOUGH setting.
3. When it beeps, remove the dough to a floured surface and knead well.
4. Roll the dough into 2 large pizza bases and place each onto a pizza baking tray.
5. Allow them to rise in a warm warming drawer.
6. Coat each base with generous dollops of tomato paste. Sprinkle with Italian herbs and lots of garlic.
7. Top with your favorite pizza toppings and lastly the cheese.
8. Bake in a pre-heated oven of 200* for 20 minutes.

Serves: 2 Adults + 2 kids

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear how your recipe turned out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...